Thursday, July 31, 2008

Live Arcade Game Price Increases, I Blame High Oil Prices

image


Remember when I flipped out over the price of the first episode of the Penny Arcade game? Of course you do. So what does that have to do with anything going on today? Well it appears that two more games coming this August to the Xbox Live arcade will also see an increase from the trusty ten dollar standard.

Kotaku is reporting from and article on Gamerbytes, that Braid will be going for 1200 MS points and Castle Crashers will priced at 1800 MS points. For those who hate the point system that’s 15 bucks for Braid and 22.50 for Castle Crashers. Now Rusty, who has played both games, assures me that they are worth it. I am, as always weary of high priced live games. I am willing to play the demo and I hope that there is a Live Arcade that is worth 22.50 to me. Because that means that it is an amazing game.

Does this mean that Castle Crashers needs to be the best game on the service to warrant that kind of price? I guess 360 users will determine that. I just hope neither of these games because prey to micro-transactions that we are not aware of yet.

No comments: