Friday, August 8, 2008

Warhawk Update to Feature Offline Modes

image

When I read this on Kotaku one bit jumped out at me that I think needs some exploration. You see, the piece gives some details about the 1.5 patch for Warhawk. They mention something’s that are obvious, like trophies and custom soundtracks and some fun things like, new paint and insignia schemes. Here’s what I like, the brief mention of offline tutorials. I want to know how robust this new offline mode is. Are talking a few quick challenges? How about the ability to play against bots? Remember Bots?

There was once a time when all multiplayer games let you play alone with bots. It was great for learning maps and how to use weapons. This way when you went online you didn’t play like an idiot when you hit a new map for the first time. These days games are too cool, or developers are too lazy to add bots to their games, so they are a thing of the past. I don’t know what the new mode in Warhawk is, but at least I won’t have to wait too long to find out. Update 1.5 is set to come out this month.

No comments: